Now that the iPhone 3G S and OS 3.0 are out, we’ll give you the scoop on how all of the new features work. Also get a recap on the recently completed Podcamp Ohio.
- Mike went to Podcamp Ohio last weekend. He provides a recap of the event.
- Find a podcamp in your area.
- Trying to get into podcasting but intimidated by all of the hardware choices? Turn to the Podcast Answer Man, Cliff Ravenscraft. You can get a lot of great info from his podcasts. Plus, he offers consulting (for a fee) if you need some one-on-one help. You can listen to his shows right from the website or subscribe via iTunes with a single click.
iPhone 3.0/iPhone 3G S
- Stephanie joins us for this segment as we review the iPhone/Touch 3.0 update.
- John and Tom are now part of the iPhone/Touch revolution. Moo hoo ha ha ha!
- We’ll cover the new features included in the OS 3.0 update.
- We’ll also talk about some of the features that are exclusive to the new 3G S phone, like video recording and voice dialing.
- Tom and Steph share some of their favorite iPhone apps. Tom has already found a couple of handy ones after only three days of having his phone!
- The Find My iPhone app works pretty well.
- Tom had an unusual problem charging the iPhone but it seems to have corrected itself. We’ll have to keep an eye on this one.
- Besides the landscape keyboard, Steph’s favorite new feature just might be the ability to sync notes back to her computer. She also likes the ability to get movies and videos on her touch without having to do so through iTunes. Redeeming iTunes gift cards from the Touch is also new.
Nerd Site of the Week
- Stanford University has a very popular class (CS193P: iPhone Application Programming) on iTunes University.
- “What does the Omega 13 device do?” – Commander Peter Taggart, Galaxy Quest
- John and Stephanie were talking on a Snowball from Blue Microphones.