Lots of iPhones sold in the first three days. Hulu announces a subscription model. And could Google be launching a competitor to FaceBook? All this and more. Thanks for listening!
- Apple sells 1.7 Million iPhone 4’s in first weekend. (and Mike gets a sympathy card). Retail store supply limited. Long wait times online, too.
- Antenna problems on the iPhone 4. Steve Jobs just says to ‘hold it differently’. This might be a software issue.
- iPad stolen? No problem if you are a MobileMe subscriber. Install an iPhone app to locate your missing iPad.
- iTunes Podcast Page coming to 67 new countries on June 29th, the 5 yr anniversary of podcasting in iTunes 4.9. This is 4.3 Billion people, or just over 64.2% of the worlds population. Welcome new listeners!
- Rumor floating on the Net is that Google is preparing a FaceBook competitor to be dubbed GoogleMe.
- Hulu announces subscription model. Hulu Plus will be on TVs, BluRay, iOS will cost $9.99/mo and include ads.
- SanDisk SD 1GB WORM cards last 100 years, already in volume use by Japanese police.
- Visa vs. Paypal. It’s payclick.com.au for now. But Paypal’s Security Key rocks!
- 7th graders, studying 200 images, spot a cave on Mars.
- July 4, 1776 – American Revolution: the United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress
- June 30, 1905 – Albert Einstein publishes the article “On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies“, in which he introduces special relativity.
- June 23, 1912 Mathematician/Scientist Alan Turing born
- June 25, 1967 – First CES in NYC
- June 28, 1953 – First Corvette assemble in Flint
- July 1, 1963 – ZIP Codes are introduced for United States mail.