Team USA faces a make or break match against Germany on Thursday to determine if they get to move on to the Round of 16. Meanwhile, closer to home the Cavaliers get their next Head Coach. And they had to go to Israel to find him. The NBA Draft is this week and no one seems to know what the Cavs will do with the pick. We’ll know very soon. The Indians take to the road after a disappointing home stand. Can Team Streak find their winning ways out West? It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 29:30
1Q: Portugal scored late to earn a draw against Team USA
- Team USA came from behind with two second half goals to lead Portugal late on Sunday. It appeared to be an upset in the making until Michael Bradley lost control of the ball at midfield and Christiano Ronaldo made an amazing pass to Varela for a header in stoppage time and an equalizer goal and a 2-2 draw.
- That was essentially the final play in the 94th minute of the match.
- Clint Dempsey scored for the US in the 81st minute.
- Jermaine Jones has a beautiful shot for the USA’s first goal in the 64th minute.
- Next up: Germany on Thursday. Win or draw means we advance. Lose and probaby go home.
2Q: Cavs hire their Coach
- The Cavs have hired former Tel Aviv HC David Blatt to be their new Head Coach.
- Many are mixed on the move. What do you think?
- Said all the right things in his press conference today.
- Not much time to prepare for Thursday’s NBA Draft.
3Q: Cavs Busy Before NBA Draft
- Joel Embiid underwent foot surgery after Cavs doctors found a fracture during his pre-draft workout last week. This almost assuredly rules him out as an option at #1.
- So do the Cavs pick Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins?
- Parker appears to have tanked his workout with the Cavs on purpose. He’s overweight and didn’t seem interested when he was here last week.
- Might they actually trade it? Rumors suggest we were trying to do that for Kevin Love, but he refused to sign an extension to stay beyond one year.
- Lebron has opted out of his deal with Miami. What will Bosh and Wade do? If they want to stay together, all must opt out and sign for less. Because the trio is set to earn about $65M of the $75M cap (without luxury tax).
- Melo also is a free agent.
4Q: Indians Swept at Home
- It was a lost weekend against the Tigers at home, including Sundays 10-4 loss.
- Chisenhall and Murphy slumping now after leading the team for much of the first half.
- But their teammates are not getting hot. Santana is 16-for-48 (.333) in the last 14 games, but his average hasn’t hit .200 yet.
- Swisher good for a HR once in awhile, as his HR powered a win on the home stand. But he disappears and strikes out a lot otherwise.
- Indians reportedly looking for pitching help. But what are they willing to do? They’ll never be mentioned in the David Price talks because of, wait for it, price.
- The team hits the road to Arizona, Seattle and Los Angeles this week.
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio