Do you have a pricing calculator for the on-premises service offerings that you provide to your enterprise? Probably not. But these cloud pricing calculators may give you an idea of how to get started, because you will inevitably have to compare and contrast the models when your management team comes asking. We’ve got links and tips to help.
Running Time: 39:42
IT Pro News:
- Cloud worries, flaws
- Cloud costs and Open Data Center hardware
- AWS adds T2 for bursty-ness
- Some price increases coming to enterprise Microsoft customers
- HotSpot 2.0 and secure, roaming WiFi
- will the IoT create huge demand for more developers?
IT Pro Main Topic: Pricing vs Costing: how is your DC setup?
- AWS TCO Calculator
- Azure Price Calculator
- Rackspace Price Calculator
- develop your own pricing calculator
- distinguish your offering for the cloud
We cover upcoming IT Conferences during the 1st show of each month.
Is there a conference you think we should be mentioning in this segment? Let us know!
- Gartner Catalyst Conference August 11-14, San Diego, CA
- InterOp, September 29 – October 3, New York, NY
- Oracle OpenWorld, Sept 28 – October 2, San Francisco, CA
- IBM Enterprise 2014 October 6-10, Las Vegas, NV
- BMC Engage, October 13-16, Disney World, Orlando, FL
- Gartner Data Center Conference December 2-5, Las Vegas, NV
IT Pro Bookshelf:
- AWS whitepapers
- Azure whitepapers
- Rackspace whitepapers
- Office 365 for Enterprise
- IBM wearables from 1997?
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio