Lebron shocked the basketball world for a second time. Now that he’s back, can the Cavs finally build a team that can hoist a championship banner at the Q? Other teams in the East are not standing still. The Browns are about to get training camp under way. The Gladiators are preparing to host a playoff game. And the Indians start the second half by taking three of four from the Tigers. Lots to talk about. And Tom is in studio this week. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 39:06
1Q: LeBron Is Back
- What a crazy week. News was expected on Wednesday, then delayed as a courtesy to Pat Riley. By Friday morning Clevelanders were getting nervous. Would he stiff us again?
- No TV show this time, just an elegant, humble letter penned to Sports Illustrated.
2Q: Enthusiasm has returned to the city
- Johnny Manziel, the Republican National Convention and Lebron. What’s not to like?
- Las Vegas has installed us as the favorite to win the NBA Title, but LBJ says not so fast.
- Mike Miller, great shooter, signed with the Cavs on Tuesday. He gave up more money and a longer deal with Denver to play with LBJ here and maybe get some revenge against the Heat who amnestied him two years ago (angering many Heat teammates).
- James Jones signed for 1 year on Wednesday.
- Ray Allen expected to either retire or follow LBJ here for one year.
- Kevin Love trade talks appear stalled. Minnesota insists on getting Andrew Wiggins in return. The Cavs don’t want to move him.
3Q: Browns Training Camp Approaching
- We’re heading to Browns Training Camp on July 29th from 9:30-12:00. Come say Hi!
- Johnny Football is about to start working for real. Hopefully this minimizes his free time.
- Position battles everywhere. New RBs, new WRs, new CBs, new LBs and Safeties.
- Tate and West at RB. Gilbert and Haden at CB. Whitner in at Safety. Holes at WR that someone will have to fill while Gordon is out.
4Q: Indians Hit the Break
- Can the good vibes extend to the Indians for a run in the second half? They started the right way by taking 3 of 4 from Detroit, with some good offensive production.
- GM Chris Antonetti says he needs to get more production from the guys they have invested in. Translated, don’t expect any bod moves by the trading deadline in 2 weeks.
- Michael Brantley at the All Star Game (went 0-1). Corey Kluber finished 4th of 5 in fan voting for the final position on the squad.
- Upcoming schedule.
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio