Oracle OpenWorld means John wants to talk about them! Questions for you that we ponder about integration of the stack, the viability of their apps and how the licensing options may cause you to think through options. And Microsoft skipped right past “9” in announcing their new operating system.
Running Time: 29:46
IT Pro News:
- The Bash Shellshock vulnerability and affected the cloud platforms
- The next thing is here: Windows 10 Tech Preview
- HP’s coming price war: $100 Intel 7” tablets, $200 11” laptop
- There is still no EMR portable format as an interoperable standard?
- Gartner reports Big Data experiments now running at 73% of enterprises
- A example of Facebook’s Open Compute contributions
IT Pro Main Topic: Is Oracle Corp an important source for IT Pros?
- Oracle OpenWorld in SF this week with 60,000 attendees
- Announcements for in-memory analytics appliance (3 TB RAM, 5TB PCI Flash, 7TB HDD)
- Announcements for cloud, software solutions, OpenStack
- How modern a company is Oracle with its acquisitions?
- How modern are Oracle Apps?
- How modern is the Oracle Database?
- How secure are the Oracle solutions and tools?
- How modern is Oracle (Sun) Engineered HW and Systems?
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio