The Browns melt down at home against Houston and find themselves quickly back in the AFC North cellar. Can they right the ship with Josh Gordan or are the mounting injuries too much for this squad to overcome? Did the Buckeyes win against Minnesota do enough to sway voters? And the Cavs just sunk another three pointer! It’s GameTime!
NOTE: The Browns waived RB Ben Tate the day after we recorded this week’s episode.
Running Time: 42:26
1Q: Browns Fall to Houston
- Houston 23, Browns 7
- Hoyer not on target with passes
- Defense unable to stop Houston, despite no Arian Foster and a new QB. Really never pressured Mallett.
- Who thought running towards JJ Watt was a good idea? Crowell has to fix his fumbling problems, but they still only gave 5 combined carries to Tate and West.
- More injuries (Dansby may be done for year? Phil Taylor ruled out for year after Cincy game)
- How many “next man ups” can the defense withstand?
- Where’s Justin Gilbert?
2Q: Gordan returns this week
- His suspension served, Josh Gordan comes back now. How much can he help?
- If Hoyer is inaccurate, will it really matter? If there’s no running threat, will Hoyer have time to throw?
- Falcons are amazingly in 1st place in NFC South with a 4-6 record.
3Q: Buckeyes Take Down Minnesota
- OSU 31, Minnesota 24
- Final score was close, but the game really wasn’t.
- Barrett got us up to a quick 14-0 start, one on the ground (86 yards) one in the air (57 yards to Marshall).
- Got greedy with an INT and Minny marched down to get a TD.
- Our rush defense is still a problem.
- 22 yd TD to Evan Spencer with 10 min remaining made it 31-14. Gophers closed the gap against our prevent defense. Came down to an onside kick to finally seal it.
- What will this mean in the Football Playoff rankings?
- FSU struggled to beat Miami. TCU barely beat a 3-7 Kansas team. #1 Miss. St lost to Alabama.
4Q: Cavs showing signs
- Shawn Marion in starting lineup. Dion coming off bench. Starting to see more passing from Kyrie.
- Kyrie asked Lebron to stop being so passive when they were getting killed by the Celtics. So LBJ took over and helped team come back from 19 pt deficit in 4th quarter.
- Lights out 3 point shooting against the Hawks. Let’s hope they don’t suddenly fall in love with the 3 point shot.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio