It’s time for the Madness. While you’re filling out your bracket, the Cavs appear ready for the post-season. Unfortunately that is still one week away. The Browns are doing what they say, which is not being very exciting in free agency. A Tribe great passes away and the Tribe is in full swing in Goodyear. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 48:10
1Q: Kyrie Irving Is Amazing
- How about that 57 point performance against San Antonio? His 9 pts in final minute sent game to OT.
- 33 points against Orlando on Sunday (Tom was there)
- Team lost to Miami on Monday.
- Another busy schedule this week.
- Home vs Brooklyn on Wed
- Home vs Indiana on Friday
- At Milwaukee on Sunday
- LeBron will get his knee checked out after falling hard in Orlando.
- Kevin Love given two games off to rest (Orlando, Miami). Is he secretly hurt?
- Cavs are 2nd in the Eastern Conference, with a 2 game lead over Toronto, and 2.5 over the Bulls.
2Q: NCAA Tournament is set.
- Guessing that we may see a record for % brackets that will pick the same champion (Kentucky)
- Not a lot of great stories in College Hoops anymore.
- Too many one-and-dones.
- The regular season has been diluted.
- Join our GameTime Cleveland bracket group in the ESPN Bracket Challenge app.
- Mike’s Final 4: #1 Kentucky, #1 Wisconsin, #2 Virginia, #1 Duke
- Tom’s Final 4: #1 Kentucky, #1 Wisconsin, #4 Louisville, #1 Duke
- Ohio State is a #10 seed.
- No Kent State, Akron or Cleveland State this year.
- Ohio teams include the standard Cincy, Xavier & OSU. Dayton has a play-in game.
3Q: Browns Angering Fans in Free Agency
- As usual, some teams spend crazy money in free agency. Dolphins signing Suh was this year’s top prize.
- Browns have been going after the leftovers.
- So far, they signed:
- They re-signed:
- DT John Hughes to a 4 year extension
- WR/ST Marlon Moore
- OL Ryan Seymour
- They lost:
- TE Jordan Cameron (Miami)
- CB Buster Skrine (NY Jets)
- DT Jabaal Sheard (New England)
- QB Brian Hoyer (Houston)
- DL Ahtyba Rubin (???)
4Q: Browns Strategy
- What is their plan at QB? McCown, Lewis, Shaw, Manziel. Gotta believe they will draft a QB too.
- The guys they’ve signed so far are older than the guys they replaced. 4 starters on defense > 30yo.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio