The Cavs are doing their thing against a gritty Celtics squad and head to Beantown with a 2-0 lead. The NFL schedules are out and the nation will see the new Browns uniforms a couple of times. The Indians are struggling and in the cellar in the Central. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 41:13
1Q: Cavs lead Boston 2-0
- Celtics are battling us tough.
- GM1: CLE 113-100
- Irving: 30 pts, James 20 pts, Love 19 pts/12 reb
- GM2: CLE 99-91
- James 30 pts, Irving 26 pts, Tristan 11 reb
- Double and triple teaming LBJ, forcing him to make some turnovers.
- Isaiah Thomas leading Celts in scoring. Contributions from former Cav Tyler Zeller and former Buckeyes Jared Sullinger and Evan Turner, too.
- Other guys not showing up (JR Smith in foul trouble in Gm1 and has not found his stroke from behind the arc yet).
- Kyrie shines in the spotlight as we thought.
- Kevin Love is working hard, but has yet to go off on offense. He is getting to the foul line a lot.
2Q: Lebron’s leadership is showing
- Lebron is constantly pumping Love up in Game 1.
- He facilitates early in the game to get others some shots. He doesn’t let the other team get too close.
- 2nd half is when he takes over, especially in the 4th quarter.
- This is nothing new, of course. But he clearly has guys he can trust in the playoffs now.
- We’re not coasting over the Celtics. They are challenging us with some offense and defense. This, hopefully, helps us as we advance deeper into the playoffs and face tougher teams.
3Q: Browns schedule is out
- Sun., Sept. 13 at New York Jets CBS 1 p.m.
- Sun., Sept. 20 TENNESSEE TITANS CBS 1 p.m.
- Sun., Sept. 27 OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1 p.m.
- Sun., Oct. 4 at San Diego Chargers CBS* 4:05 p.m.*
- Sun., Oct. 11 at Baltimore Ravens CBS* 1 p.m.*
- Sun., Oct. 18 DENVER BRONCOS CBS* 1 p.m.*
- Sun., Oct. 25 at St. Louis Rams CBS* 1 p.m.*
- Sun., Nov. 1 ARIZONA CARDINALS FOX* 1 p.m.*
- Thurs., Nov. 5 at Cincinnati Bengals NFLN 8:25 p.m.
- Sun., Nov. 15 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS* 1 p.m.*
- BYE WEEK
- Mon., Nov. 30 BALTIMORE RAVENS ESPN 8:30 p.m.
- Sun. Dec. 6 CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS* 1 p.m.*
- Sun., Dec. 13 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FOX* 1 p.m.*
- Sun., Dec. 20 at Seattle Seahawks CBS* 4:05 p.m.*
- Sun., Dec. 27 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS* 1 p.m.*
- Sun., Jan. 3 PITTSBURGH STEELERS CBS* 1 p.m.*
- Weeks 1-3 appear to be the easiest. Not pretty after that.
- 4 straight games against AFC North is a first.
- MNF home game vs Ravens.
- TNF in Cincinnati
- December is a killer. So is November. October is no picnic either.
4Q: Indians Struggling
- 2 weeks in and we are 5-9, last in AL Central. Time to panic? Or sign of things to come? (Detroit and KC both 11-3)
- Hard to watch this right now.
- Confidence must be eroding.
- Losing games against AL Central foes is not a good way to start the season.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio