John and Mike are back from Microsoft Ignite, the Redmond company’s new annual gathering for IT pros. We’ll recap what we saw, what we heard and share our thoughts on what we liked and what we didn’t.
Running Time: 48:13
IT Pro Main Topic: Microsoft Ignite Recap
- Microsoft welcomes 23,000 IT pros to Chicago
- The Ignite Website has the keynote and session materials available
- The keynote was long and tested the audience
- Themes are driving Microsoft investments: more personal computing, intelligent cloud, reinvent productivity & business process
- Announcement of Windows Update for Business so you can select your distribution ring
- Office 365 includes Delve mines your calendar and email for you and your team, providing you with a dashboard
- Skype and PBX integration may not come together nicely, but the unpriced Surface Hub looks like a great way to improve the collaboration experience
- While Azure Stack seems to have only snuck into the conference, Hyper-V and System Center, docker containers look promising
- And too many more sessions to cover
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio