Things get interesting when the worlds of FitBit, IFTT, Hue Lights, Apple Watch and Amazon Echo collide. At least that’s what Mike found while playing with some of his new toys. It’s an IoT world, after all.
Running Time: 42:26
- Big thanks to Violet for helping test the sketch, tap and heartbeat features of the Apple Watch last week.
Featured Story: Amazon Echo, IFTTT, Hue Lights
- Hue Philips lights. Geofence for automation. Set alarms and timers. Hue Disco lights for iOS and Disco Light for Android. IFTTT triggers. Control them from your Apple Watch.
- IFTTT recipes to automate FitBit tracking in Google Docs. Works with Withings scale, too.
- Amazon Echo, IFTTT and Hue Lights. Can I get a J.A.R.V.I.S. hack? PLEASE?!
- Hear your news feed, get sports scores, weather updates, and useless facts from Wikipedia. A better version of Siri.
- Reorder Amazon Prime items, of course. No Pantry items, yet.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio