The Browns lost another heartbreaker to Denver, this one in OT. They had plenty of opportunities in this one, including 3 picks of Peyton Manning. But they could not capitalize, even with great field position in OT. In better news, the Buckeyes remained perfect on the season after their resounding 38-10 win over Penn State at the Shoe. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 49:49
1Q: Another Denver Heartbreak
- Denver 26, Cleveland 23 OT
- The Browns had plenty of chances to win this one, but could not capitalize on their opportunities.
- 3 INTs of Peyton should be enough to get you a win. One was in OT and they just needed one first down to kick a FG (lost yards on all three plays)
- McCown: 26-48, 290 yds, 1TD, 3INT
- Some unfortunate bad decisions from McCown (taking sacks, throwing it up for INTs) did not help.
2Q: Browns Can’t Seize Opportunity
- Denver clearly not a good team on Sunday. Win would’ve evened the record at 3-3.
- Pett questionable going for 2 instead of PAT. Ironically, we could’ve won 24-23 without needing OT.
- Barnidge big again with 2 TDs.
Tweets of the Week
- @reallychance, @DirtyTom_ and @mikelsenior weighed in with their thoughts on what the Browns should do with Johnny Manziel
3Q: Buckeyes Look Sharp on Field and in Uniform
- Ohio State 38, Penn State 10
- The Dark Night, featuring an all-black look for the Buckeyes against the all-white-clad Nittany Lions, was a success. People were mixed on the switch, but it was just for one game.
- JT Barrett played a much bigger role in the second half and the offense responded well. Will Urban make a switch at starter? We will find out soon.
- Zeke had another great game: 27 carries for 153, 1TD and 4 catches for 21 yds
- The defense really stifled an injured and inconsistent Christian Hackenberg (6.1 QBR, 7/13, 120 yds, 1TD).
- Cardale hit some deep passes and made some first downs on the ground.
- Didn’t see much attempt to get the receivers involved in this one. Either they weren’t getting open or they were not in the game plan.
- Most of the playbook was run the QB or run with Zeke or Braxton.
- Still feeling like Urban is holding back on some things in the playbook for MSU and UM.
- We saw a little Tim Tebow play where JT rushed at the goal line, then jumped up and threw to Braxton for the TD.
4Q: Buckeyes Taking Care of Business
- Felt like this was the start of the 2nd season for the Buckeyes. The tougher conference foes are all in the back end of our schedule, starting with Penn St. Urban said they were one of the best front seven in the country.
- On the road for an easy Rutgers game, then a BYE.
- Then home to tough MINN team, easy road (and possible trap game) in Illinois
- End the year with MSU at home and then TTUN in Ann Arbor. Great way to get us ramped up for a Big Ten championship game after that and then the playoffs.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio