The Buckeyes rebound nicely in their win against the TTUN. The Browns find a new way to lose and will have a 24th starting QB on Sunday against the Bengals. The Cavs aren’t exactly struggling but things are not perfect at the Q right now. Our Thanksgiving hangover is gone. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 48:48
1Q: Browns Find New Ways to Lose
- Ravens 33, Browns 27
- A bunch of no names were good enough to help the Ravens pick up a win in Kick-6 fashion.
- A punt return for a TD and the blocked FG return for a TD capped off a horrible day by the Special Teams.
- Ravens QB Matt Schaub did his best to help the Browns by throwing a pick 6 to Karlos Dansby and then an INT late in the game that allowed the Browns to get into position to try for the GW kick.
- Horrible clock management (again) by the Browns in the last drive wasted precious time off the clock. They had TOs to use and didn’t.
- Backup QB Austin Davis was pressed into action when Josh McCown left with a broken collarbone. He led the Browns comeback with 2 scoring drives and what should have been a GW drive. But a bad decision to slide inbounds and then a running play that failed to get the Browns closer for Travis Coons showed the Browns are the Browns.
- Justin Gilbert got a surprise start against Baltimore but left with a concussion after a kick return.
2Q: The QB Carousel
- Austin Davis will get the start on Sunday. He’s now the 24th QB to start since 99.
- Johnny will be his backup. We’re sure he’ll play at some point this season, right?
- Former Buckeye Terrelle Pryor was signed this week… to be a WR. (Hawkins and Gabriel continue to miss games with concussions and Bowe is an observer on the sidelines.
3Q: Buckeyes get their mojo back in Ann Arbor
- Ohio State 42, Michigan 13
- Too little, too late for Ohio State’s national championship hopes? Probably.
- Good to see the team respond after the terrible showing against the Spartans.
- Zeke rushed for 214 yards and backed up his criticisms of not getting enough carries against the Spartans one week earlier.
- Buckeyes probably on the outside looking in at this point. Iowa/MSU winner will get into the Top 4.
- But the Rose Bowl committee has said they are not required to take the BigTen runner-up, so they may opt for Ohio State instead.
4Q: Cavaliers struggling lately
- After a pretty hot start, they are losing to teams they shouldn’t lose to.
- Lebron is getting into the faces of teammates and some (Mozgov) aren’t responding well to the criticism (lots of turnovers and missed shots in games).
- LBJ needs to calm down a little. He must be feeling the pressure of Golden State’s blazing start to the season (20-0 after a Wednesday win)
- Getting Kyrie and Shump back should help. They are practicing with the club.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio