The Browns showed up for a changed and looked like a team on both sides of the ball against the 49ers. Was it a mirage or a sign of better things to come? The Cavs lost a legend from the 80s-90s era team and we’ll remember Hot Rod Williams. On the court, they got Shump back and await Kyrie’s return. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 39:45
1Q: Browns Showed Up To Play in Rare Win
- Browns 24, 49ers 10
- Crowell had a monster game. 145 yards and 2 TDs on 20 carries.
- Defense was outstanding, with nine sacks!
- Rookie Nate Orchard recorded the first 2 sacks of his career.
- Did Jim O’Neill and his players finally figure out the defense or was it a San Fran team that is bad and didn’t come to play? The next three games will answer that question.
- Glad to see TE Gary Barnidge get a contract extension. Reportedly, the team is working on extending WR/PR Travis Benjamin too.
2Q: Can Manziel Keep It Going?
- He played well Sunday. The final three opponents won’t be the cupcakes that San Fran was.
- Manziel made some plays and a silly INT. Johnny giveth and Johnny taketh away.
- Can he actually play four games in a row without doing something stupid off the field?
- More injuries at WR as Hartline is out for the season with a broken collarbone.
3Q: Shump Helps Cavs Roll The Magic
- The team finally got a rare blowout win this year, topping Orlando 111-76.
- Shump had a lot to do with that. His defensive intensity seems to energize the Cavs. It didn’t hurt that his shot was on the mark in his first game back.
- Kyrie’s return is right around the corner, too. Maybe for tonight in Boston?
- Rematch in Boston on Tuesday ought to be interesting. Bad blood between these two teams after Love was injured and then JR slapped Crowder in that series.
4Q: Remembering John Hot Rod Williams
- Saddened by the loss of a former Cavs great, taken by cancer at the young age of 53.
- Member of the great Cavs teams of the late 80s and early 90s. (1986-1993)
- Drafted by the Cavs in the nd round of 1985 draft, but had to sit out a year due to point shaving scandal at Tulane.
- When he was able to play, he joined the 86 pick of Brad Daugherty, Ron Harper and Johnny Newman. Marc Price was acquired in a draft day trade the same year. What a class.
- Before there was Lebron, there was Hot Rod’s famous line: “I’m a Heat”
- Averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds in his Cavs career.
- Owned a construction company in Louisiana.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio