The Cavaliers are trying to keep it together as the playoffs approach, but they just can’t do anything the easy way. Kyrie is the center of the latest controversy and losing some games has fans and critics nervous. Can they get on track? We’re talking Cavs. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 46:38
1Q: Dysfunction on the Cavs
- Steven A Smith reported that Kyrie is not happy in Cleveland and there are problems in the locker room. Apparently, stemming back to the Atlanta playoff series when Kyrie felt like he was forced to play in Game 4.
- Lebron held out of Sunday’s game in Washington and the team promptly got blown out by the Wizards without him (despite the much closer-looking final score).
- Lebron lashing out at the team’s effort after Friday’s loss to Toronto.
- JR Smith lashing out after Sunday’s loss to Washington.
- So much for the Cavs’ problems being Coach Blatt’s fault.
2Q: Can Cavs Get It Together in Time?
- This is when the team was supposed to be fine tuning everything and getting ready for a long playoff run. This wasn’t part of the plan.
- In the meantime, Golden State keeps winning and Steph Curry keeps winning games on half court shots.
- Cavs picked up a tough home win against Indiana on Monday, 100-96.
3Q: NFL Scouting Combine
- Anonymous poll of NFL scouts suggests the Browns are hot for North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz over Cal’s Jared Goff.
- Not a great showing for Cardale Jones who pulled a hammy running.
- Alex Mack may not be out the door… yet
4Q: Browns Don’t Franchise Free Agents
- The Browns opted not to tag any of their own players with the Franchise or Transition tags prior to the March 1st deadline.
- All can become free agents on March 9th if they don’t re-sign with the Browns before then.
- They considered doing this for S Tashaun Gipson. But that would have cost them $10.8M if they franchised him (avg of top 5 at his position) or $9.1M if they transition tagged him (avg of top 10 at his position).
- C Alex Mack opted out of his contract on Wednesday, that had 3 years and $24M remaining. He can still resign with the team or he’ll be free to sign elsewhere starting March 9th.
- Players that could bolt: WR Travis Benjamin, RT Mitchell Schwartz, LB Craig Robertson, LB Tank Carder, S Johnson Bademosi.
- A new regime – HC and Front Office – usually likes to bring in their own guys, so it’s not a huge surprise that they are looking to start fresh.