It’s time to go dancing. The field of 68 has been set and fans are filling out their brackets. The Cavs appear to be getting in sync as the playoffs approach. And the Browns have begun the process of rebuilding. What are they up to? We’ve got ya covered. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 37:53
1Q: Browns Begin Turning Over Roster
- Browns lose 4 starters in Free Agency. Mack, Schwartz, Benjamin and Gipson all bolt. Browns apparently only really wanted Schwartz but there were some hard feelings there when he decided to test the waters.
- Browns sign Bailey and Tuggle, Rahim Moore and Demario Davis. Moneyball at work?
- Bowe, Dansby, Manziel cut already. More to come? Likely.
- Would you shop Joe Thomas and Joe Haden now?
2Q: QB News
- Browns part ways with Johnny Manziel
- Colin Kaepernick interested in playing for Browns? Browns want him to restructure his $19M contract and reportedly already agreed to give San Fran our 3rd rd pick.
- This seems unlikely. Kaepernick won’t give up his guaranteed $12M to come play for the Browns with a rebuild in process.
3Q: Cavs Out West
- Lebron vs Kobe showdown for the final time. Kobe outplayed LBJ but the Cavs won the game
- Cavs swept LA on their road trip, beating the Lakers and then crushing the Clippers on Sunday 114-90 but lost to Utah on the final game of the trip on Monday.
- Are they putting it all together at the right time?
4Q: March Madness begins
- Brackets are out
- Ohio State on the outside looking in this year. 20-13 overall and 11-7 in the conference not good enough to qualify for the Big Dance. So the Buckeyes will be in the NIT and take on another local team, the Akron Zips.
- Local teams
- Kent State – 19-13 overall, 10-8 in the MAC (4th in MAC East Div) but a lot of injuries so the team has elected not to participate in any post season tourney this year.
- Akron – 26-8, 13-5 in the MAC (1st in MAC East Div) No automatic bid for the Zips as they lost the Conference tourney final to Buffalo on final shot 64-61. They’ll face Ohio State in the NIT.
- CSU struggled mightily this year, finishing 9-23 and only 4-14 in the Horizon League.
- Ohio teams
- Xavier had a great regular season, ranking #5 in the country and finishing 27-5 in the Big East (14-4 in the conf). The Musketeers will be dancing as the #2 seed in the East Region, facing #15 Weber State in Rd 1.
- Dayton finished atop the Atlantic 10 conference with a 25-7 record (14-4 in conf) but lost in their conference semifinal vs St. Joe’s and have struggled in the last month. Dayton will be #7 seed in the Midwest facing #10 Syracuse in Rd 1.
- Cincinnati finished 22-10 and 12-6 (4th place in the American conf) – lost in 4 OT to UCONN in the conference tourney. They are the #9 seed in the West facing #8 St. Joes.