Don’t let your cloud spending get away from you. And keep those S3 buckets secure while you’re at it. Amazon will help you do that with some new features and settings. Meanwhile, Munich abandons their migration to all-Linux and is going full Windows. And Docker on the mainframe is an option if you so choose. Plus, why is Bill Gates building a city of the future in Arizona? Should we call him Walt?
Hosts: John Kresic and Mike Kresic
Running Time: 37:48
IT Pro News
- Here’s how enterprises will waste $10 billion on cloud spending next year
- Amazon sells AWS cloud assets in China amid tightening regulation
- After data leaks, Amazon beefs up security and encryption for its S3 cloud storage
- All Major Browsers Now Support WebAssembly
- Samsung’s Linux on Galaxy software will bring full-fledged Ubuntu desktop to your phone (with an external display)
- Munich council: To hell with Linux, we’re going full Windows in 2020
- Docker on the mainframe: yeah, that’ll be a thing
- Bill Gates plans to build a smart city in the Arizona desert
IT Pro Bookshelf
- What is blockchain?
- You’re working in the wrong place.
- Is your child an engineer in waiting? Parent’s guide to engineering careers launched
- Paradigm shift: top-performing companies spend more on IT