The Browns are for sale. What are the repercussions for the current front office, coach and players? We’ve got this and the Tribe’s failure to act at the trading deadline. Maybe some Olympics, too! It’s GameTime!
1Q: Lerner selling Browns
- What will the arrival of Jimmy Haslam III and Joe Banner mean for Mike Holmgren’s future with the organization? Most expect he will be gone. And soon.
- Lerner expected to retain 30% stake in the club, at least initially.
- Was this really the best timing for this news to break?
2Q: The Haslam Effect
- How well does Shurmur have to do in order to keep his job with a new owner looking down from the luxury suite?
- Should Shurmur really feel any EXTRA pressure or should it just be business as usual (develop the young players and start winning).
- Is the track record of acquiring talent in the last three years enough for Heckert to keep his job, or will Banner want to run the show? They worked together in Philly, but that may not be an advantage for Heckert according to some.
3Q: Indians Fading Fast
- Followed up their impressive come-from-behind win against Justin Verlander by getting swept by the Twins.
- The Front Office sits idly by while the Indians have been in a pennant race through the 1st four months. They’ve done NOTHING to improve the team.
- Unless you count the trade for Lars Anderson or utility man Brent Lillibridge (we don’t).
- Take our poll to tell us what you think they should have done before the trading deadline.
4Q: Olympics Get Started
- Cleveland boxer Terrell Gausha earns KO in his first round fight
- Michael Phelps made Olympics historyon Tuesday by winning two more medals to become the all-time most decorated Olympian with 19 medals.
- He tied the record held by Soviet gymnast Larisa Latynina since 1964 by earning a Silver in the 200M Butterfly.
- He set the record with his 19th medal by winning Gold in the 4×200 meter freestyle relay. Phelps swam the anchor leg
- Olympic Medal Tracker – The USA has 23 medals so far (tied with China). 16 of ours have come in Swimming.