We’re talking college football in our preview of the BigTen conference. Urban Meyer takes over at Ohio State. Penn State begins their long road back. So which team will emerge at the top when it’s all said and done? Wisconsin? Nebraska? Michigan State? Or, gulp, that school up North? It’s GameTime!
1Q: Pre-season polls.
- Five teams are consistently ranked in the Top 25 by all of the pollsters.
- But few agree on who is the best.
- Ohio State and Penn State are ineligible for post-season play, including the BigTen title game.
2Q: Wisconsin and Michigan State
- The Badgers and Spartans look to win it all, but will have to do it with new QBs.
- Montee Ball returns with some studs to block for him.
- Michigan State must replace three receivers, but their defense returns eight starters from a year ago.
3Q: Nebraska and Michigan
- Can Taylor Martinez improve his mechanics enough to lead the Cornhuskers?
- Has Bo Pelini learned enough about BigTen play to overcome some embarrassing losses from 2011?
- Can Denard Robinson, a Heisman hopeful, lead the Wolverines to glory without Junior Hemingway to haul in his passes?
- Can the Wolverines beat #2 Alabama in a tough game at Cowboys Stadium on opening weekend?
4Q: The Buckeyes
- Urban takes over.
- Can he develop Braxton Miller into something special?
- Will his prized recruiting class yield some promising freshmen?
- Can the Buckeyes be a disruptive force in the conference even though they wont be playing in January?