The Browns went zero for September following a Thursday night loss to Baltimore. The Indians made a managerial change and we’ll talk about the leading candidates to replace Manny Acta. Plus, the Buckeyes pickup a win in a defensive battle against Michigan State. It’s GameTime!
1Q: Manny Acta fired
- Why fire him with six games to go?
- Sandy Alomar Jr named interim manager. Will he get the permanent job for next year?
- Terry Francona and Mike Hargrove have thrown their hats into the ring, too.
2Q: Browns fall to Ravens 23-16
- It was a closer game than most expected.
- Weeden looked OK, but his WRs are still dropping passes.
- Why are we always trailing early?
3Q: Phil Dawson is money for the Browns
- Phil Dawson is M-O-N-E-Y. Three FGs in the rain from long distances (50, 51 and 52 yards).
- Browns D played pretty well considering it was their third game without Joe Haden.
- Billy Winn played great on the D line. Craig Robertson played terrific at LB.
- Boldin kept making critical catches for the Ravens, showing us how dumb we were when we ignored him in FA a few years ago being content with what we had. We don’t have any WRs that are difference makers.
4Q: Buckeyes hold off the Spartans
- Urban got his first conference win as the Buckeyes hung on to beat Michigan State 17-16.
- Good defense for a change.
- Looks like we’ll have to do it without RB Jordan Hall, who injured his knee vs MSU. Hall had missed games earlier this yr due to foot injury.