The Browns “dropped” another one, this time against the Colts in Jimmy Haslam’s first game as owner of the team. Meanwhile, Ohio State came from behind in stunning fashion with a backup QB to steal a win from Purdue. Lots of football to talk about this week. It’s GameTime!
1Q: Buckeyes and Purdue
- Buckeyes come back to beat Purdue 29-22 in OT.
- Purdue hit on 83 yard TD bomb on 1st play from scrimmage. (PAT failed).
- OSU scored later in 1st on Miller’s 8yd rushing TD.
- Purdue took ensuing kickoff 100 yards for a TD.
- Strange sequence late in Q3. Buckeyes block a Purdue FG late in Q3, then Miller hurt after 38yd gain on ensuing possession. Then Drew Basil misses a 50YD FG.
- Then Guiton led a TD drive with under a minute remaining and they scored a TD with 3 secs left. They got the 2pt conversion to tie the game. Then we won it in OT.
2Q: Haslam Regime Gets Underway
- Banner in. Holmgren out.
- Other changes will wait until after the year.
- Now Holmgren says he may want to coach again.
3Q: Browns lose a game they should have won
- Colts beat the Browns 17-13.
- Lots of chances to win.
- Hodges sucks (poor punting, dropped PAT after 1st TD)
- Gordan dropped an easy TD that would have given us the lead late.
- Punt on 4th & 1 after a timeout???
- Sheldon Brown hurts this team. Can’t cover or tackle any more.
- Why start T-Rich when obvious he was really bothered by rib injury. Shurmur went to Hardesty in the 2nd half. We only rushed 17 times (vs 41 passes). Still passing too much.
- Weeden played very well (no INTs, QB rating in the 90s, shoulda had 3 TDs if not for Gordan’s drop)
- Cooper continues to look good (final pass was behind him, not his fault).
- 2 penalties on Ray Ventrone on kick returns.
4Q: Browns’ inexperience not just with the players
- plenty of bad coaching decisions contributed to this loss, again.
- Shurmur actually thinks he admits when he’s wrong. Say what?