The Browns have finally strung together a winning streak. And it feels pretty good. But can they keep it up? We’ll recap the Browns/Raiders game. We’ll also reflect on the Buckeyes first season under Urban Meyer? How did they go undefeated? And what does this mean as we look to 2013 when we will be bowl-eligible once again? All this plus some Cavs chat. It’s GameTime!
1Q: Browns vs Raiders
- Browns beat Oakland 20-17
- Lots of positive signs
- Weeden career day passing, hit on some long passes
- Gordon emerging as a great top receiver.
- Little has been playing much better since he stopped tweeting/signaling 1st downs
2Q: Which Browns are hot. Which are not.
- Cribbs struggling. Returned kick 9 yards deep in end zone. Watches punts land at his feet instead of fielding them. Time for him to go.
- Sheldon Brown had his best game against Oakland (INT on a drive that could have seen us lose our lead and 4 passes defensed)
- Hardesty is becoming a key contributor (bursts of speed through the line, moves the chains when he is in to spell TRich, he is a change of pace back)
3Q: Buckeyes were a perfect 12-0 in Urban’s first year
- Urban starts 1-0 in the big rivalry (Mich) and finishes a perfect 12-0 in his first year at the helm. No bowl games this year due to Tattoo-Gate.
- Team never really looked impressive for an entire game this year, even against the non-conference opponents. But they found ways to win.
- Amazing that Braxton always had those good rushing stats considering teams tried to take that away from him and force the pass to beat us. Credit to Urban, who did this with Tebow, too. (and Alex Smith at Utah)
- Experts already touting us as early favorites for next year due to a cupcake schedule and returning starters.
- How quickly can Urban get us in position to compete against the top SEC teams? Because that is what we would likely face in a BCS title game.
4Q: Cavs struggling in the early going
- Kyrie can’t stay healthy. Out for a month with a broken finger.
- The Cavs were struggling even when he was playing.
- 4-13 record.
- Team stats leaders.
- Upcoming schedule (@Detroit tonight, vs CHI Wed, @Min Fri, vs DET Sat).
- Tyler Zeller missed 4 games due to injury but is struggling (41% FG, 5.9 PPG)
- Dion Waiters is having better success so far (38% FG, 14.9 PPG) but now he’s hurt, too.