Hard to believe, but the first exhibition game of preseason is upon us. The Browns get ready to face Detroit and fans will get a look at the QB competition among other position battles in this new look Browns team. Meanwhile, rumors that the Kevin Love trade is all but done get stronger every day. And the Indians are making news off the field for their grandiose plans for remodeling Progressive Field. We’ve got all of this news, plus the Gladiators advance in the Arena League Playoffs! It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 29:33
1Q: Browns Start Exhibition Season
- Hoyer likely to start. Manziel may also see reps with 1st team.
- Will Pettine start Hoyer against Detroit and Manziel against Washington?
- Any way that Hoyer is not the starter for Pittsburgh opener, barring injury?
2Q: Gordon’s Status
- Gordon’s appeal took 10+ hours on Friday and spilled into Monday. It may be a few weeks until he learns of the decision. What to read into this?
- Excited to see defense? Expectations of offense?
3Q: Cavs Adding Pieces
- Remember how dire the Cavs’ future seemed in April?
- It’s been widely reported that the Cavs and Wolves have a handshake agreement to trade Love to Cleveland on August 23rd when the 30 day period following the signing of Wiggins’ contract expires.
- Philly believed to be involved because MIN does not want Anthony Bennett.
- Mike Miller and James Jones join the Cavs.
- LeBron dropped 10 lbs following diet.
- Shawn Marion spotted at dinner with Cavs brass Monday night.
4Q: Indians Set to Remodel Progressive Field
- The team said they will announce changes to the ballpark on Thursday. Is this the best way to get fans coming to games? No more Snow Days?
- Murphy’s Law – David Murphy gets picked off 3rd when two balls are on the field at the same time.
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio