The Browns laid an egg in Jacksonville. Looking bad in all phases of the game, they handed the Jaguars their first win of the year. What do the good guys need to do to right the ship? We’ll discuss along with a recap of another nice win by the Buckeyes. And the World Series gets underway with a surprising team representing the American League. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 44:32
1Q: Browns were a mess against the Jaguars
- Jaguars no longer winless after 24-6 victory against Browns.
- Questionable 4th down call instead of going for points preceded Jags TD drive before Half. Could’ve been up 9-0. Instead, we trailed 7-6.
- Defense intercepted Bortles 3 times. Offense couldn’t do anything with that.
- Felt like Offense thought they could turn it on whenever they wanted to.
- Jordan Poyer fumbled punt in 4th setup easy Jags TD.
- Hoyer INT on next drive sealed the game.
- 69 yards rushing??? Jaguars clearly wanted to stop run and force Hoyer to beat them with his arm. It worked.
2Q: Hoyer’s Bad Day
- Hoyer was bad all day (16-41, 215 yds, 1 INT, 7.8 QBR). Missed open guys, threw behind or beyond guys on routes.
- Not even an appearance from Johnny Football? Why not, if only to get a spark?
- First game the team scored <21 points.
3Q: Buckeyes Get Another 50
- Buckeyes rout the Scarlet Knights 56-17
- Offense scored on first three possessions. This one was never in doubt.
- Defense is improving, though these aren’t great tests. Rutgers does have a good offense.
- JT Barrett:
- passing: 19/31, 261 yds, 3TDs
- rushing: 7 rushes for 107 yds, 2 TDs
- At College Station to face Penn State (4-2, 1-2 BigTen) this weekend.
- Nittany Lions were on BYE last week. Lost to Michigan 18-13 prior.
- Ranked 12th of 14 teams in ESPN BigTen Power Rankings
4Q: World Series Has Giants and Surprising Royals
- Both teams were Wildcards this year.
- KC hasn’t lost since they got into the one-game WildCard elimination match.
- They have the worst home record of any World Series Team (non-strike year)
- Giants have all the experience here (3rd WS since 2010).
- What will it take for the Indians to get here someday?
- Royals built on drafting well (5 position players in starting lineup came up through org. same with Giants). Indians should take note.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio