The Browns got back on the winning track by beating the winless Raiders. It may not have been pretty, but it goes in the win column. Same goes for the Buckeyes, who needed two OTs to dispose of Penn State. In better news, the Cavs get set to tipoff the season that has so many high expectations. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 47:59
1Q: Browns Struggle Against Raiders
- Browns beat Raiders 23-13.
- Big turnovers (Whitner hit/Haden INT and Carr fumble on sack) helped Browns get two TDs in the 4th.
- Huge INT when Whitner smacked into McFadden and Haden grabbed it.
- Maybe Alex Mack WAS worth that big contract, because the O Line sure looks worse without him. The Browns suddenly can’t run the ball and Hoyer is getting a lot of pressure.
- A game of field goals in the first half saw the Browns take a 9-6 lead.
- Hoyer threw some bad passes that should’ve been picked if it wasn’t the Raiders.
- Three RB tandem, that Pettine said he didn’t want, was ineffective. Changed out the guys too much. RBs need to break a sweat to find a rhythm.
2Q: What to expect from Browns the rest of the way
- How will they respond to all of these injuries (replacing Mack on O-Line and the depletion of the D Line)
- Punt returners are a travesty. Benjamin danced around then fumbled a punt (luckily we recovered). Guys catching too often inside the 10 and letting everything else drop.
3Q: Buckeyes survive scare from Penn State
- OSU 31, Penn State 24 in 2 OT
- OSU got some help from officials in 1st half (INT that hit ground, but refs blew it on replay, then FG that came after play clock had expired) allowed Buckeyes to take 17-0 lead at halftime.
- Joey Bosa got the game-winning sack of Hackenberg on 4th down in double OT.
- We didn’t take many shots down field at all. why so conservative? especially against a D that was crowding the line daring us to throw?
- imagine how loud it will be against Michigan St in a few weeks? They are a much better offense than what we just faced. we need to get the communications issues worked out real fast.
- The defense does seem better than they were earlier in the year. Held PSU offense to 10 pts in regulation (other was a pick 6 by defense). Hope they continue to improve.
- Barrett has a sprained MCL. He will play this week, but hoping this isn’t as bad as it sounds.
4Q: Cavs TipOff Season This Week
- Only 5 remain from last year’s squad. Nice depth chart.
- How quickly can they get it together?
- How will Blatt adapt to the NBA and managing these superstars?
- Lebron won’t need to play 40+ minutes.
- First week includes a west coast trip:
- 10/30: vs Knicks
- 10/31: @Chicago
- 11/4: @Portland
- 11/5: @Utah
- 11/7: @Denver
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio