The Cavs return from their West Coast trip with a couple of wins in LA. Are they finally figuring things out for Coach Blatt? The SuperBowl lineup is set as both #1 seeds advance. One got there via a blowout. The other thanks to an incredible and improbable comeback. Oh, closer to home the Browns are still searching for someone to replace Kyle Shanahan. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 26:33
1Q: Wild Finish in Seattle
- An improbable comeback by Seattle vaults them past Green Bay
- Fake FG was the only scoring for SEA behind Wilson’s horrible game (4 INTs) until late.
- TD, onside kick recovered, another TD, a crazy 2pt conversion help get them to OT
- won the coin toss, drove the field, went for the jugular to win on their first possession
- Rodgers can R-E-L-A-X for the SuperBowl, because he won’t be in it.
- Tough loss for the Packers to live with this offseason.
2Q: Patriots rout Colts. Deflate-Gate?
- Indianapolis was out of Luck and they were routed by New England
- Wild 3rd quarter turned a close game into a blowout.
- Controversy follows Belichick everywhere. Deflated footballs?
3Q: Cavs sweep in LA
- The Cavs ended their West Coast trip by winning on back to back nights in the Staples Center, first against the Lakers, then the Clippers. The Clippers win was nice to see, on their home court, 2nd night of a back-to-back. Kyrie and LBJ mostly put on a shooting display, with 1-on-1 moves.
- Bulls game was a better team effort.
- Mozgov makes a big difference inside, clearly. He is a rim protector and can score some buckets, too. Not that he’ll be called on much to do that.
- JR Smith put in 20 pts on Monday. It’ll be nice to have his scoring coming off the bench once Iman Shumpert is ready to play.
- Rookie Joe Harris was sent to our D-League Canton team. Good idea to get him minutes. He won’t learn sitting on the bench here.
4Q: Browns OC Still Up In Air
- Kyle Shanahan is with the Falcons. He’ll coach for Seahawks Dan Quinn once SB49 is over.
- Marc Trestman signed with Baltimore to replace Gary Kubiak who went to Denver to replace John Fox who went to Chicago to replace Marc Trestman. Got it?
- Mike Martz was reportedly interviewed. He’d be a terrible fit here with Manziel.
- Would you get Adam Gase if he doesn’t stay with Denver?
- Anyone with any cred is waiting to see what else is available before coming here. How did it get so bad???
- Why does it seem the Browns get rid of people without a plan on how to replace them? Happened when fired Shurmur, then Chud, now Shanahan.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio