The Cavs add another big man to the roster to bolster their depth and solidify what should be a strong run for the playoffs. The Browns get set to unveil a new logo. But have all of the team’s problems put a damper on fans enthusiasm? We’ll also check in on the college hoops scene as March Madness approaches ever so slowly. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 42:06
1Q: Cavs Loaded for a Title Run
- Remember when the Cavs were 19-20 heading into that Lakers game? Well, they now find themselves at 35-22 with a roster that has been made over by GM David Griffin.
- More reinforcements coming in the way of C Kendrick Perkins. He’ll be a big enforcer down low, will provide excellent depth for Mozgov, should let Tristan move to Forward. Great move that cost us NOTHING.
- Shawn Marion is hurting. He’s apparently had a bad hip for awhile. It shows because the 36 year old has looked nothing like a guy that was a starter up until this year.
2Q: Can The Cavs Reach the Top of the Eastern Conference?
- Team surpassed Washington to take over 4th place in Eastern Conference. Atlanta won’t be catchable. But Toronto and Chicago certainly are within reach.
3Q: Browns Getting a New Logo
- UPDATED: The new logo was unveiled on February 14th.
- Fans were getting creative with new designs leading up to this. Turns out the fans were much more creative.
- The Browns claim the uniforms will be more radically changed than the helmets.
- New uniforms will be unveiled on April 24th.
4Q: College Hoops
- Ohio State (Thad Matta)
- just fell out of the Top 25
- 19-8 (6th in Big10 with 8-6 conference record)
- Nebraska, Purdue, @Penn St, #5 Wisconsin
- Cleveland State (Gary Waters)
- 17-12 (11-4 in Horizon League – 2nd place)
- One game remaining against top seed Valporaiso
- Kent State (Rob Senderoff)
- Mid-American East Conf overall 19-8 & 10-4 in Conf (1st place)
- games remaining: @Miami of Ohio, Buffalo Bulls, @BGSU and Akron
- Akron (Keith Dambrot)
- Mid-American East Conf 17-10 & 8-6 conf (4th place)
- games remaining: @Buffalo Bulls, OU, @Miami of Ohio, @Kent
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio