Cleveland was in the college spotlight as the Sweet 16 rolled into town last week. Kentucky survived undefeated and advanced to the Final Four. We’ll recap the college tourney. In NFL news, the Browns learn of their punishment for TextGate and pick up another receiver. The Cavs are tired and hurting as they await the playoffs. But they appear ready for anybody. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 39:42
1Q: Browns News
- TextGate costs Ray Farmer, but not the team. Our 10 draft picks are safe!
- Report suggests that the Browns are the front runner to appear on HBO’s Hard Knocks series this year. This is the show that follows one team during training camp.
2Q: Browns Sign a #1 Receiver
- Browns sign WR Dwayne Bowe to 2 year contract.
- At 30 yo, maybe he’s not a bona fide #1 WR anymore, but he’s still the best on this team. At 6’2”, 220 lbs, he’s got size that our other guys don’t have.
- Farmer signs guy that he helped draft in KC
- No TD receptions for Bowe or any of the Chiefs receivers last year.
- He should be part of a respectable receiving corps with Brian Hartline and Andrew Hawkins.
- Browns still need to draft a TE and perhaps a WR.
- Then choose from the likes of Travis Benjamin, Taylor Gabriel, Marlon Moore and probably some other unsigned or undrafted guys.
3Q: Cavs Hurting
- On national radio shows last week, Kevin Love admitted he and Lebron are not best friends. His role is still evolving, but the team is winning, so he accepts it for the greater good. And he continues to say that he will return to the Cavs next year.
- Is this something to worry about? Everybody predicts he’ll leave after this year. He says he’ll be back.
- Speaking of backs, is Love’s back problem a concern? Team has denied it all year. But he missed a few games earlier this month and then left Sunday’s game. Don’t you expect opponents will now target his back to get him out of a game the rest of the way out?
- He had been playing better, seeing more of his inside game of late.
- Team is dead tired. Lots of games, lots of minutes for starters as Blatt shores up his playoff rotation. They’ll get a break with games at home now and some days off. They need it.
- 7 games left. 5 at home, 2 on the road.
4Q: March Madness in Cleveland
- Tom kicked my butt in our bracket challenge. Like, a lot.
- Lots of upsets on the Tourneys first day.
- Mike’s bracket was hosed pretty much right away.
- OSU wasn’t one and done, but couldn’t get past a better Arizona squad.
- Nice to see Cleveland in the spotlight hosting a tournament round again, especially one of the Sweet 16 regions.
- Wisconsin has been fun to watch.
- The West Virginia – Kentucky game was tough to watch. Way too many fouls called and a horrible performance from Mountaineers. UK could have just played defense in the 2nd half and they still would have won by one point.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio