The Browns got off to a horrible start with a drubbing in New York. The Buckeyes had a hangover in their game against Hawaii before taking control. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 42:26
1Q: Browns Did Not Look Ready Against The Jets
- Jets 31, Browns 10
- Browns 1-16 in Week 1 since return in 1999 (lost 11 in a row)
- Josh McCown injured on the first series. He was pretty reckless on a few runs. The last one cost him dearly.
- Manziel had his ups and downs.
- No running game. Poor offensive line performance.
- Lots of turnovers and penalties (5 turnovers that led to 21 pts for Jets).
- Joe Haden was badly beaten by Brandon Marshall.
- Gipson had an INT and then had it stripped.
- Defense couldn’t pressure Fitzpatrick. Couldn’t even beat him to the fumble that might have changed the course of the game.
- Bowe and Gilbert were inactive.
2Q: Can Browns Right The Ship Against Titans
- The “easy” part of our schedule doesn’t look so easy any more with Titans and red hot Mariota coming to town.
- Marcus outdueled Jameis Winston again (Oregon drubbed Florida State in the playoff)
- Ex-Brown Terrance West gets his chance at revenge
3Q: Buckeyes Struggle Early in Win Over Hawaii
- Ohio State 38, Hawaii 0
- Score was 14-0 at half, 17-0 after 3. Closer than people expected until 4th Qtr.
- Cardale 12-18 111 yds JT Barrett 8-15 for 70yds
- moving the ball around to various receivers but only two receptions by Braxton Miller
- Zeke got three TD’s on short runs, two in the first half
- Team still made many mistakes with Hawaii’s defense causing a lot of stress in the first half, but two turnovers and two fumbles didn’t help them as OSU picked them all up.
- Hangover effect from Monday’s game against Va Tech (team had that one all off-season to focus on, spent a lot of emotion in that win). Came out predictably sloppy.
- Maybe the suspension of 3 WRs who were back for that game had something to do with QB timing?
4Q: Indians Showing Fight To Stay In Wildcard Race
- Indians 5 games back in the Wildcard Race
- 6-4 in their last 10 games
- Still not able to crack the .500 mark as they struggle to stay alive.
- Lindor continues to be a bright spot.
- Team hopes to get Ace Corey Kluber back soon.
- The Astros, Angels and Twins all ahead of us in the standings.
- Games remaining on the schedule: White Sox (3), Minnesota (7), KC (4) and Boston (3).
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio