Johnny Manziel finally had a game that we all hoped he had in him and he helped lead the Browns to victory on Sunday. Travis Benjamin had a huge game, too, with 3 TDs, one coming on an electrifying punt return. The Buckeyes struggled to another win and the Indians split their week without gaining ground in the chase for a playoff berth. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 42:26
1Q: Browns Knock Off the Titans (again)
- Browns 28, Titans 14
- Johnny had a good game, at long last
- His 1st and last passes were TD bombs to Travis Benjamin.
- Offense was very conservative in between.
- Travis Benjamin was on receiving end of both TD throws and lit up the crowd with his punt return late in the 1st half.
- Defense was all over Mariota, but the kid was resilient and led his team back from a big deficit to make things close late in the game.
2Q: Browns Have A Lot Of Room To Improve
- Defense had a great first half, but they let Tennessee control the clock and score twice in the second half. Looked like the same old Browns for a while there.
- Terrance West didn’t exactly come back to haunt his former team (3 carries for 10 yards, 1 fumble)
- John DeFillipo’s offense also went super conservative in the game after building the early lead. No imagination on plays.
- Johnny’s scramble and heave to Benjamin on 3rd down for the TD saved a possible choke job in this one.
- No sign of Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert, Nate Orchard, Xavier Cooper for another week
3Q: Wake Up, Buckeyes!
- Ohio State 20, N. Illinois 13
- Ohio State is sleepwalking through their early schedule. For a 2nd consecutive week they did not look like the defending champs but eked out a win against an inferior opponent.
- Now we may have a QB dilemma on our hands. But it’s not like JT is coming in and lighting it up either.
- Jones: 4-9, 36 yds, 2 INTs
- Barrett: 11-19, 97 yds,1 TD, 1 INT
- Zeke: 23 carries for 108 yds, 0 TD
4Q: Indians Splits Aren’t Helping
- The Indians week went like this: W, L, W, L, W, L, W, L, W
- They are not exactly catching lightning in a bottle at the right time.
- Off to Minnesota and KC this week.
- Indians are trailing Houston by 4 games. Minnesota and LA Angels are 2.5 GB the Astros.
- Corey Kluber came back from injured list to start against KC but lost 8-4.
- Josh Tomlin has been one of the pleasant surprises (6-2) since coming off the DL.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio