The Cavs pulled off a 3 team trade before the deadline, sending away a fan favorite in exchange for a sharpshooting big man. On the court, the team looks good post-All Star Break in wins over the Bulls and Thunder. Meanwhile, the Browns spark controversy with plans for a statue. And would you take Bosa at #2 if he was there? It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 42:46
1Q: Cavs Get Frye from Magic
- Cavs pull of 3 team trade with Portland and Orlando. Cavs get Channing Frye for Anderson Varejao and Jared Cunningham
- Frye is 6’ 11” sharpshooter. But he doesn’t play defense.
- Cavs may still pick up a perimeter defender off the waiver wire.
- Frye still not with the team as of Sunday because he has yet to pass his physical. Team concerned about a heart condition that caused him to miss the entire 2012-2013 season, but he played all 82 the following year. Cavs would owe him another 2 years left on his contract, so they are doing due diligence.
- Andy was here for 12 years and beloved by fans for his hustle, even though he was never much of a scorer and mostly a bench player. Longest tenured Cleveland athlete at the time of the trade. (Joe Thomas now is)
2Q: Cavs Blowout the Thunder
- The Cavs looked sharp in their 115-92 blowout win in Oklahoma City
- Love led the way with 29 points and 11 rebounds.
- Lebron had 25 points, 7 boards and 11 assists as he had to play the Point a lot with Kyrie out and Delly limited with his sore hamstring (though he played great too)
- Cavs host Detroit on Monday, Charlotte on Wednesday, then visit Toronto on Friday.
- Blonde woman sitting in front row caught on camera shouting “Suck it up, Lebron!” right at LBJ after he was complaining about a foul call.
3Q: Browns Will Build Jim Brown Statue
- The Browns will honor Jim Brown with a statue at First Energy Stadium.
- The Browns have had an up-and-down relationship with him, and other former players, over the years.
- Brown’s off-the-field issues have sparked controversy over this news. Should a player’s off-the-field issues impact their eligibility for Hall of Fame or other honors like this? (OJ Simpson, Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Barry Bonds/Mark McGuire/et al)
- What about Paul Brown? Otto Graham? Marion Motley, Lou Groza?
4Q: Bosa or QB for the Browns?
- Early mock drafts have Tennessee taking Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil at #1.
- That means the Browns could have their choice of Ohio State’s Joey Bosa, Cal QB Jared Goff, North Dakota QB Carson Wentz or anyone else for that matter.
- Do you take your QB in round 2?
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio