The Browns signed former Heisman Trophy winner and Redskins QB Robert Griffin III to a two year contract. He may become the 25th starting QB since the team returned in 1999. The Cavaliers continue to have people talking and their skeptics are louder than ever. Much to do about nothing or real cause for concern? And we’re down to the Final 4 at the big dance. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 52:00
1Q: Browns Sign RG3
- The Browns signed RG3 to a 2 year, $15M deal. Signing bonus is $3.5M and guaranteed dollars are $6.75M.
- No other team appeared interested in signing him. Denver reportedly did not like his character issues. But his former coach, Mike Shanahan, had some positive things to say about him.
- Hue Jackson thinks RG3 has been humbled and is a changed man.
- Is Hue over-valuing his ability to be a QB whisperer or can he really help turn RG3 into a successful starter? If not, what are we doing here other than wasting time developing our eventual franchise QB.
2Q: Browns Draft Plans Changing?
- Browns attended Carson Wentz’ Pro Day last week. Hue Jackson was the only HC there as many were kept away due to bad weather.
- With RG3 in the fold, do the Browns still take a QB at #2 in the Draft?
- Or do they trade down for more picks (something that hasn’t worked well for us before) or take the best available player overall (we need help at every position)
- RG3 is only 26. Wentz is 24. It’s not like one is an over-the-hill vet already.
- Browns have needs at every position, but you don’t always get to draft #2 overall. If your guy is there you need to take him.
3Q: Cavs Stumbling to the Finish?
- Loss to Brooklyn Nets showed the team isn’t worried about seeding in the East or wasting a lot of energy on the doormats as they gear up for the playoffs.
- Lebron and Love led Cavs to a rout of the Knicks in New York on Saturday. But the team blew a 20 point lead at home against Houston on Monday when Lebron was given the night off.
- Lebron records two triple doubles last week. Says he feels as good physically as he’s felt in a long time.
- Coach Lu picking spots to give starters a night off. Kyrie sat against the Knicks. Lebron sat earlier last week. Love has missed time here and there, too.
- Post season starts Saturday April 16th.
4Q: Indians Set to Start Season
- Michael Brantley won’t start season with the team following offseason rehab
- 2012 1st rd pick Tyler Naquin makes the squad, will start while Dr. Smooth rehabs
- Joba gets a job in the bullpen
- Trevor Bauer moves to bullpen. Cody Anderson gets 4th spot in rotation. Josh Tomlin gets 5th spot. They join Corey Kluber, Carlos Carrasco and Danny Salazar in the rotation.
- Season starts for Tribe in Arlington for two games beginning Friday.
- Home opener against the Red Sox on Monday, April 4th.
- Indians will extend safety netting at ballpark this year
[content_band style=”color: black” bg_color=”#5f9776″ border=”all” inner_container=”true”] [custom_headline style=”margin-top: 0;” level=”h4″ looks_like=”h4″]Help Us Spread the Word![/custom_headline]
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio