The Tribe gets the season going on their second try. The Browns jettison another aging vet. And Lebron deems the Cavaliers as ready for the playoffs. The fans are ready too. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 41:40
1Q: Indians Open 2016 Season
- Play Ball! Indians open the season after Monday’s game called due to cold and concerns over field condition and risk of player injury.
- Indians lose to Boston 6-2 in the opener.
- David Price outdueled Corey Kluber.
- David Ortiz hit a 2R HR in the 9th to thwart any hopes for a Tribe rally in the bottom of the 9th.
2Q: Browns Cut Whitner
- The Browns cut ties with S Donte Whitner on Saturday. He’s the 7th starter let go since the new regime came into power.
- Browns’ version of Logan’s Run. Anyone over 30 seems to be a target to be released. Expect Josh McCown to be next.
3Q: Cavs Counting Down
- Regular Season remaining schedule
- Sun: Charlotte (44-32, currently #6 seed)
- Tues: @ Milwaukee (32-44, out of playoffs)
- Wed: @ Indiana (41-36, battling for #7/#8 seed)
- Sat: @ Chicago (39-38, one game out of #8 seed)
- Mon 4/11: Atlanta (45-32, 3 way tie for #3 seed)
- Wed 4/13: Detroit (41-36, currently #7/#8 seed)
- Cavs won a close game (lost 21 point lead, then fought to tie game and send it to OT. Then hung on to win close one in ATL)
4Q: Playoffs in 2 weeks
- Tight race for several spots in the East mean we don’t yet know who the Cavs will face in the first round. But they could see some familiar faces early in the postseason.
- Detroit, Chicago and Indiana all possible for 8th seed.
- Miami could be waiting in round 2.
[content_band style=”color: black” bg_color=”#5f9776″ border=”all” inner_container=”true”] [custom_headline style=”margin-top: 0;” level=”h4″ looks_like=”h4″]Help Us Spread the Word![/custom_headline]
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio