We’re recapping the themes from last week’s VMworld conference in San Francisco, talking about the exit of a major player in the printer business and getting ready for the launch of Windows Server 2012.
IT Pro News:
- Lexmark exiting inkjet printer business and plans to layoff 1,700.
- Windows Server 2012 launches on Sept 4. (cheat sheet)
- Hyper-V replication
- Server Core (command line)
- 10-fold more PowerShell capabilities
- Simple cluster setup
- VMWare joins the OpenStack group for cloud standards
- VMworld Recap
- CEO transition from Maritz to Gelsinger.
- No more vRAM after getting plenty of feedback. It was essentially a “use tax”.
- vSphere 5.1 officially announced.
- Get metrics to measure your performance.
- Three areas to focus on to deliver more value to your business
- OpenStack Summit, San Diego, CA, October 15 – 18
- Storage Networking World (SNW), Santa Clara, CA, October 16-19
- IBM Information on Demand, Las Vegas, NV, October 21 -25
- Microsoft BUILD Conference, Redmond, WA, October 30 – November 2
- SharePoint Conference, Las Vegas, NV, November 12 -15
- Gartner Data Center Conference, Las Vegas, NV, December 3-6