VMware source code has been leaked. Again. What should you do now? Plus, we’ll answer a listener question about commoditization of servers and storage in your data center. Plus, some conference links and IT Pro bookshelf items that you may find helpful.
IT Pro News:
- VMware source code leaked for the second time this year. Customers advised to patch their systems and review their security hardening guidelines.
- Windows 8 presses developers to update their skills
- It’s not dead yet: Microsoft updates Biztalk
Question from a listener…
- Jordan is curious about the commoditization of servers and storage, the level of this commoditization and the impact this has on end users and manufacturers.
- Other companies want this, too. Facebook shared their ideas at OpenCompute.
- We’ll debate the pros and cons and draw some distinctions between servers and storage. There are some drawbacks, depending on business requirements. But the landscape has definitely changed in the last five years.
- Youtube for IBM’s Information on Demand conference
- Videos from Microsoft’s Build conference are available online
IT Pro Bookshelf :
- Free Windows 8 preview eBook for IT Pros. It’s not complete, but is free to download right now.