Cisco gets ready to spin off another consumer division. Google alienates Microsoft with a surprise decision about ActiveSync. SSDs may finally be price competitive. And we’ll look back at this year’s top Internet outages.
IT Pro News:
- Is Cisco getting ready to sell Linksys?
- Computers will see, hear, taste, smell and touch within 5 years, according to IBM.
- The Year in Downtime. 2012’s top Internet “cloudtages”.
- SSD prices fell in 2012 and are at that magic price point according to researchers.
- HTML5 is final.
- Google drops ActiveSync as a connector to free Gmail on mobile.
- Search as it might have looked on a Google 1960s mainframe.
- We cover upcoming IT Conferences during the 1st show of each month.
- Is there a conference you think we should be mentioning in this segment? Let us know!
IT Pro Bookshelf :
- You’re probably busy reading letters to Santa this time of year, so we’ll take a break from the Bookshelf this week. Ho Ho Ho.