Yahoo’s work-from-home policy gets its first copy cat. EMC releases an all-SSD array. Amazon tries to own the cloud competition. And BYOD strategies vary by sector and country. At least in two cases that we’ll share. We’ve got some intense reading suggestions for your bookshelf. And a reminder to sign-up for some of the Summer’s IT Conferences.
Running Time: 31:59
IT Pro News:
- Following Yahoo’s footsteps, BestBuy cancels employee work-from-home program.
- Amazon drops prices of EC2; this time for linux servers. VMware and other competitors finding it difficult to keep pace.
- In the US, most Federal CIOs still say no to BYOD.
- The German government picks BlackBerry 10.
- New Tools for Sharepoint 2013 available to IT developers.
- New all-SSD SAN released from EMC
- We cover upcoming IT Conferences during the 1st show of each month.
- Is there a conference you think we should be mentioning in this segment? Let us know!
- IBM Innovate, June 2-6, Orlando, FL
- Microsoft TechEd North America, June 3-6 New Orleans, LA
- HP Discover, June 11-13, Las Vegas, NV
- Cisco Live, June 23-27, Orlando, FL
IT Pro Bookshelf:
- The Openstack Operations Guide
- Verizon data breach investigations report for 2012
- White paper discussing EA and the value of ITIL
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!