A company based on open source software achieves a significant financial milestone. A major PC manufacture gets out of the smartphone business. And the winner of a contest to shut down the most servers wins in a landslide. How does shutting down 10,000 servers sound to you? We’ve got these stories and much more, including some recommendations on training materials that you should find helpful.
Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces
IT Pro News:
- Congratulations on becoming a $1 Billion open-source company
- Dell bails out of another business. Guess which one?
- Oracle unhappy with offer of $2.8 Billion and a small part of the Android sales
- What happens when you unplug ten thousand servers? Ask AOL.
- How vulnerable is VMware against other offerings ? Hyper-V is up to 27% if market.
- Ready to move your legacy COBOL?
IT Pro Bookshelf :
- A large set of free training videos on Sharepoint 2010
- Be sure to add the iTunes U example to the bookshelf