We want to convey our thoughts and prayers to all of the people that have been devastated by the raging wildfires in Colorado and the tropical storm in Georgia and Florida. We hope that you are safe wherever you are. There are many ways that you can help, of course. The American Red Cross is accepting donations to send aid to those in need.
IT Pro News:
IT Pro News:
- A lot of announcements from Google IO from a very diverse company.
- Seems like the market wants IaaS and not PaaS, as Google Compute Engine goes IaaS for very big loads and isn’t positioned against AWS.
- A new article suggests that RIM may split into handset and services and dump their Blackberry hardware division? Resulting move would allow them to license their software services. Where have we heard this before? Oh yeah, right here. We’ve been saying this for months. Disappointing 1st Quarter results.
- HP trims 9,000 jobs in the US, with news of HP abandoning Windows 8 RT hardware.
- LinkedIn decides to be anti-social with Twitter. You can no longer share tweets with your LinkedIn connections. But, they will let you share to Twitter from your LinkedIn page. Don’t they know happiness is a two way street?
- Another Amazon outage caused by severe storms in Virginia knocks out service to Netflix, Pinterest, Instagram among others on Friday.
- Microsoft launched Office365 for Education at low price points, but requires migration from live.edu
IT Pro Bookshelf :