Tom returns this week, so we’ve got a full house. We’re talking about programming in the Enterprise. Why are these skills so important? How are you developing that talent in your organization? What are all the sources for retooling your skills and what is the right place to start?
Running Time: 41:57
IT Pro News:
- Openstack release Storage Policies
- Azure appliances coming to your datacenter?
- Workers join federal lawsuit in US against H-1B visas
- Labor boycott organized against tech
- Yammer Enterprise free with more Office365 plans
- Will employees be professionally social or not?
- Is Google Corp copying Omni Consumer Product’s Directive 4?
- Universities prefer Python to Java or C
IT Pro Main Topic: Programming
There was a recent list on ITWorld about 14 of the world’s best programmers.
Who do you interact with in IT? How about in your business units? Do you work closely with programmers or not?
- Why is programming important?
- Who does the programming: dev, ops, business?
- What else is important: requirements gathering, prototyping?
- How do you teach programming: school only, online or on the job?
- What are the other things to teach: UI design, database, security, good communication?
- Where is the best programming done: home, office, cube, alley; alone, pair?
- When do you update and refresh?
- automation = programming too
- We cover upcoming IT Conferences during the 1st show of each month.
- Is there a conference you think we should be mentioning in this segment? Let us know!
IT Pro Bookshelf:
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio