Oracle wants to be your cloud platform of choice and makes several announcements to support that direction. Meanwhile, the latest data breaches affect the US government and a Polish airport. And Google collects data at such a rapid rate, they have to build their own network switches.
Running Time: 46:01
IT Pro News:
- US OPM data breach at 18M, COBOL unfairly blamed.
- Planes grounded after airline corporate network attacked
- Google had to build its own network switches.
- ECMAscript v6 is out
- Larry likes the cloud business for Oracle.
- More from the Oracle Cloud Announcements.
- Calculating your PaaS/In-House inflection point.
- You may have to pay attention to the Windows 10 upgrade paths if you are domain-joined but not on an Enterprise edition.
- Microsoft shows some execs the door.
- Disney tech workers are okay now?
- Going after the corporate iPad with new HP Windows tablets.
- Is a Surface Hub over $7000 good for team collaboration?
- AWS updates RedShift
- Docker source donated to a hopeful Linux Foundation Open Container Project.
- FitBit has a nice IPO.
- Congrats to cloud pioneer Netflix on it’s 7:1 stock split.
- We cover upcoming IT Conferences during the 1st show of each month.
- Is there a conference you think we should be mentioning in this segment? Let us know!
IT Pro Bookshelf:
- Plenty of free eBooks from Microsoft Press
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio