Lots of earnings news and unusual pairings of platforms and services. A study reveals just how few people in this world develop the software that we use. OpenStack hits a milestone (as does this podcast) and John debuts a new segment about future tech trends. We’ll need your help to decide if it should become a repeating segment. All this and lots more enterprise news to cover since we’ve been away for a few weeks.
Running Time: 36:19
IT Pro News:
- Microsoft earnings call shows that IT Pros are swapping Commercial Licensing for Commercial Cloud.
- Google Cloud happy to host Windows Servers.
- New Visual Studio is ready for developers
- IBM has a small earnings miss but the waiting is hard to do
- IBM and Apple promote another set of mobile apps for the enterprise
- MS Office will now save to your Google Drive directly
- ODF standard v1.2 is published (not Microsoft’s OOXML)
- US students win Math Olympiad for the first time since 1994
- How few software developers are in the world? 0.25%
- OpenStack turns 5 with 4M lines of code
- SUSE Server 12 could run on ARM
- Container management hits v1.0 with Kubernetes
- Hyper may be a portable Docker engine
- Dell is ready for Windows 10 IoT Terminals
IT Pro Bookshelf:
- ELIoT is just starting.
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio