Nine day cloud outages seem excessive. Disney IT employees sue their employer. Microsoft and AWS cloud profits continue to rise. Facebook building another innovative data center. And much more in this week’s enterprise IT news roundup.
Running Time: 37:52
IT Pro News
- Were IT Pros really waiting to disable the browser plugin for Java?
- Facebook to Shut Down Parse, its platform for mobile developers
- Microsoft beats revenue and profit expectations, lifted again by the cloud
- Is Xerox being forced to split?
- Amazon Web Services generated $2.4B in sales during Q4, up 69% from last year
- Oracle just revealed how much money Google makes from Android
- NSA director gets it right, what will lawmakers do about encryption?
- Where is the most advanced data center?
- Remember to secure your physical hard drives too
- Disney IT claims conspiracy
- Will Ford and IBM collaborate?
- Are these the enterprise features you are looking for?
- How long is too long for a Cloudtage?
- Github outage stalls developers
- Chess is easy. Now GO is too. For computers anyway.
- Happy 10th birthday to Hadoop!
IT Pro Bookshelf
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio