A tech company leading the charge against the government? We discuss the case of Apple and the FBI. Could effective MDM policies have prevented this iPhone-hacking dilemma in the first place? What are the implications of this precedent-setting case for US companies in manufacturing or service industries?
Running Time: 41:41
IT Pro News
- Verizon Shutting Down Public Cloud, better move now
- Is the $6B purchase of Ingram Micro a problem ?
- ZFS is built into Ubuntu 16.04 for your ginormous data needs
- Linux Mint Website Hacked and ISOs compromised
- IBM news from Interconnect Conference
- IBM and VMware Announce Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Adoption
- IBM brings open-sourced Swift to the Cloud with a preview of Swift runtime and Package Catalog
IT Pro Main Topic: Apple and the FBI
- Tim Cook emails Apple employees about the case with the FBI
- iCloud backups on a work-managed device
- Unlocking ios7 phones is not the same
- Bruce writing in Washington Post: “either everyone gets security, or no one does.”
- Patriot Act section 215 expiration and what it means; simpler version here
IT Pro Bookshelf
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio