Companies shifting cloud platform allegiances, Microsoft surprises everyone with their announcement of SQL Server on linux, but they’ve got news on some 2016 product releases, too. Master keys, encryption continue to dominate the IT Pro news. And the inventor of email passes away. We’ve got a loaded news roundup this week.
Running Time: 39:55
IT Pro News
- DropBox leaving AWS
- Netflix may also leave AWS in favor of Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon S3 launched on Pi Day 2006 and has its tenth anniversary
- TSA keys not so secure
- NYC master keys not so secure
- End-to-End encryption app from the makers of Skype
- Home Depot breach cost nearly $200M
- California attempts to define “reasonable security”
- Having sheriffs at your layoff
- IBM adds an enterprise finish to GitHub
- IBM sees the importance of blockchain in the enterprise
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation gets a donation from Google
- Time to patch your Cisco gear for home users
- Inventor of email passes away
- Diffie Hellman awarded ACM prize for crypto algorithm
IT Pro Bookshelf
- A cloud status app
[content_band style=”color: black” bg_color=”#4993d3″ border=”all” inner_container=”true”] [custom_headline style=”margin-top: 0;” level=”h4″ looks_like=”h4″]Help Us Spread the Word![/custom_headline]
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio
- Subscribe with iHeart Radio