It seems that there are plenty of business maturity frameworks to choose from these days. What do they mean to your business? How do you put them to work for you? Where does your org rank in maturity across many of these dimensions? John will recap training that he went through recently and spark some debate.
Running Time: 42:18
IT Pro News:
- MobileIron looks better than “Good” with updated IPO
- Hadoop innovation from the Apache foundation with Spark and high performance
- A distributed OpenStack municipal German cloud innovates with CloudAndHeat and a PUE close to 1.0
- Congrats to Microsoft’s improvements in cloud on the Gartner Magic Quadrants
IT Pro Main Topic:
- ITIL, Cobit and Togaf are very detailed
- We covered some of this in IT Pro Show #124 in Feb 2013
- IVI is the Innovation Value Institute, members and academia
- IT-CMF capability maturity model.
- 4 areas totalling 33 capabilities.
- Managing IT like a Business, Managing the IT Budget, Managing the IT Capability, Managing IT for Business Value
- Each capability has a macro maturity from 1-5 and a set of capability building blocks (example: Tech Infra Mgmt, Ent Arch Mgmt)
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of IT Pro Show, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the ITPS podcast. It’s absolutely free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio