Why is printer ink so expensive? We talk about the cost of replacing cartridges vs replacing the printer altogether. And while we’re at it, doesn’t the same logic often apply when you’re considering upgrading that old computer?
- factory vs. recycled toner (inksell.com, many others out there)
Main Topic: Computer upgrades
- Upgrading your existing computer
- RAM: Several options. Two that are well-known are crucial.com and kingston.com
- Manufacturers: Dell, Sony, and HP, for example
- OS upgrade – is it worth the cost?
- OLED tvs – less power, better blacks and colors, super thin, wow.
- When disposing of a hard drive, make sure you erase your data. Don’t rely on a quick format. There are tools that will do a secure erasure (Department of Defense kind of stuff). Boot And Nuke is one that’s free.
Nerd word of the week