Apple updates their iPod line, Microsoft provides developer tools to high schools and FaceBook releases a lite version. Thanks for listening!
- Steve Jobs returned to the stage for an otherwise dull announcement of updated iPods. You can view the entire keynote online.
- iPod Nano with video
- no love for the Touch
- iTunes 9, new iTunes Store
- Voicemail on Home Sharing
- iPhone 3.1
- minor tweaks to Shuffle, Classic
Microsoft’s Dream Spark program
- DreamSpark High School is a program being offered by Microsoft that provides professional level development and design tools to students enrolled in an accredited, secondary educational institutions at no charge. A great way to get started developing for the most popular design platform used in businesses today.
- FaceBook is now providing a sleeker version of its popular web service. Dubbed FaceBook Lite, the thought by some is that this is an attempt to steal some attention from twitter.