Tom is back in the house and we are following up on the discussion around home WiFi challenges. We’ve done some tech refreshes and can share the results. The new Airport Extremes do some crazy cool things. But there is a critical feature that John could use that they do not offer. But other routers just might with some open source firmware.
Running Time: 35:09
Nerd News Flash:
- Dont forget your patches! MSFT and Adobe both fixing some issues.
- It pays to be an intern. Seriously, it does.
- If you’ve got Jelly Bean or KitKat, you may be having fun with your phone.
- Death to the PCs. Long live the PCs. Which is it, anyway?
- Logans Run?
Featured Story: WiFi Update
Wifi upgrades at Tom’s house. From running bandwidth testing on the older generation wireless router to swapping out for the latest and greatest, what, if any, improvements have been made and are they something that the average home consumer will benefit from.
- music/video/tablets and phones
The changes in speed when you go from wireless extenders to hard wired.
The results of running HeatMapper at home.
- How does this change your thoughts on placement of gear in your home?
- A heads-up: It’s gotta be on Windows. Not in a VM either, because of the NIC requirements.
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio