We’re halfway through Summer so we thought we’d check in at the Hollywood box office and see how some of the blockbusters have been faring. What have been the pleasant surprises so far? What has disappointed? We just saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and will give you a review of the latest installment in this series.
Running Time: 35:09
Nerd News Flash:
- Congrats to NASA and USGS on the Mars map
- an updated Raspberry Pi B+ is out!
- Maybe you should wait for a Windows machine and not a Chromebook?
- FCC wants $5 billion for school Wifi expansion
- But the FCC website tanks under the comment load for Net Neutrality
- Chrome won’t let Windows alone long enough to improve your battery
- Vinyl music sales up to 7 million annually
- Polaroid film is still available from The Impossible Project
Featured Story: Summer movies
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- Maleficent ($222M)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction ($208M)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past ($229M)
- Godzilla ($198M)
- Spider-Man 2 ($201M)
- Captain America: Winter Solider ($258M)
- 22 Jump Street ($171M)
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 ($152M)
- A Million Ways to Die in the West ($42M)
- Edge of Tomorrow ($94M)
- Movies yet to come this Summer include Guardians of the Galaxy and Hercules.
- Summer Box Office Results
[box]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of Words from Nerds, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the WFN podcast. It’s 100% free and 200% fun!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio